Subject: Re: [lojban] Toward a {ce'u} record

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:23:00 +0100

John:
#In general, "ri" skips things where the meaning is the same on repetition:
#"ri" skips "mi" and "do" and "ko'a" and "da".  

I think this rule needs further consideration and specification before it
is made authoritative. "ro broda", "lo pa broda", "lo'i broda",
"lo du'u/ka broda" would mean the same on repetition, but are
they to be skipped?

(There's also the problem that "do" can change referents midsentence,
unless Lojban excludes this by stipulation.)

(And then there's the contrast between:
1. Only Prince Charles remembers marrying Diana (True]
2. Only Prince Charles remembers him marrying Diana (False)

where in (2) a mere repeater anaphor is sufficient, while in (1)
we require (as the marrier sumti) something different and more
ce'u-like.)

#But it certainly should not skip "ce'u", since repeating "ce'u" is something #quite different.

Certainly.

--And.