Subject: Re: [lojban] x3 of du'u

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 01:38:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:

> At 02:26 AM 8/22/01 +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> >la xod cusku di'e
> > >If ka really is du'u, but now a controversial x2 ka is being discussed,
> > >does that become the x3 of du'u?
> >
> >No, x2 of ka would only work for single-ce'u ka. That's 99.99%
> >of the times one might want to use ka, I think.
> >
> >The only time I remember needing 2-ce'u properties is with {simxu},
> >does anybody else have an example where one would need them?
> >(I don't mean some statement about the language itself, but
> >something one might say in everyday talk.) Any 3-ce'u at all?
>
> This sounds like the death knell of x2 for ka, if there exists a known ka
> (simxu) that it could not apply to.

.uanaicai Did I miss something?

-----
"It is not enough that an article is new and useful. The Constitution
never sanctioned the patenting of gadgets. [...] It was never the object
of those laws to grant a monopoly for every trifling device, every
shadow of a shade of an idea, which would naturally and spontaneously
occur to any skilled mechanic or operator in the ordinary progress of
manufactures." -- Supreme Court Justice Douglas, 1950