Subject: Story telling time! Come one, come all!

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:31:20 -0700

I invite you all to partake with me in an adventure in lojban
storytelling, The Lojban Storytelling Game. Basically, the idea of the
game is similar to games where each person adds a sentence to the story,
except more structured.

>From the web page:

- -------------

The mailing list matrix game is a story-telling and world-building game
conducted on an internet mailing list that proceeds as a set of turns.
There is a moderator, who is probably the owner of the mailing list, and
a number of players, consisting of active players and observers. Each
turn the players in the game tell more of the story or describe more of
the world in which the story is set. It's a little like the game where
each person in a circle tells part of a story, with the next person
picking up where the last person left off. Mailing-list matrix-game
storytelling, however, follows a special format. The player writes a
theme or an action in the story and then gives a few reasons why the way
ey told the story is the right way to tell the story--the Truth.

The other players in the mailing-list may then follow by adding to or
changing the theme or action, and justifying their changes or additions
with their own reasons. This continues, with players able to add to and
change not only the original story fragments, but also the changed or
expanded story fragments accreted from all the contributions of the
other players in the game, until the contributions stop coming or a full
week elapses since the beginning of the turn. Then the players vote to
see which variant of the theme or action becomes the truth in the game.

That is a rough description of how the game proceeds. If it was too
nebulous a description, don't worry. The following section describes the
rules in a step-by-step fashion, with comprehensive examples.

- -------------

The web site for the for the lojban storytelling game is:

http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/lojban_story/

Please, take a look at the rules and join the list! You don't have to
contribute all the time just because you're on the list, but with
many people contributing we'll be able to build up a corpus of original
lojban fiction.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/