Subject: Re: [lojban] ce'u

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:29:03 -0400

And Rosta wrote:

> Is an imaginary happening a fasnu.

Not unless imaginary events are currently real. It is perhaps
best to say that contrary-to-fact events exist.

> If not, then what category do imaginary happenings belong to,

They are na'e zasti, or xanri.

> and why don't imaginary dogs and people belong to it too?

Perhaps it is le si'o du la zofaidos that is zasti, but maybe
it is la zofaidos. himself. (I named this imaginary dog after
Whatsisname's imaginary dog 'Fido' (that is, his name is "'Fido'").

> And you didn't say what the difference between nu and du'u is...

They are different classes of abstract objects. I'm not sure
how to explain it better.
-- 
Not to perambulate || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
the corridors || http://www.reutershealth.com
during the hours of repose || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
in the boots of ascension. \\ Sign in Austrian ski-resort hotel