[POD] Re: Level -1 doc.

BTW, two new members: nickn@unimelb.edu.au (which I assume is Nick
Nicholas) and lojbab (in the form of lojban@lojban.org).

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:43:32PM -0600, Jay F Kominek wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 03:11:45PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > If y'all disagree and think we should do POD *out* *of* *our*
> > *pockets* for the 30 or so people that have sent random snail-mail
> > asking about lojban over the last few years, hey, great, I'm all for
> > it.
>
> I won't do it out of my pockets, but I'd do it for cost rounded down

I'm not sure that I understand the difference.

> > If not, I've agreed to write something that will fit in a normal
> > envelope that we can then do POD for to get those 30-or-so cleared
> > up. Help would be nice.  8)
>
> I'm willing to POD that out-of-pocket. (With a little help from the
> free computing centers on campus. :)

Heh heh.  That was sort of the point.  8)

> I'm also willing to design it, given a detailed description of what
> ought to go into it, and produce a PDF for people to print out. I'll
> even maintain it. I'm just not sure what all needs to go in.

Well.  Rock.  We actually don't *have* a clear idea.  I basically gave
you everything that has been officially decided (must fit in a standard
envelope, goes out to people who have asked about lojban with no
specific requests).

> I'd like to see it contain different material from anything else the
> person might pay to get (level-0, lessons, CLL, LK, JL), so that when
> they buy that, they're not feeling like "Well damn, I already got some
> of this, for free!"

Right.  The original idea is that the level 0 *would* be sent out for
free.

I'm of the opinion that it's no longer appropriate for that, due to size
and cost.

> Sounds like it might should also contain an order form for other
> materials, and the form to register your interest in Lojban.

Yup.  The order form needs updating, but we as a group should work out
how we want to handle the level 0 first.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ 	BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno