[BPFK] Re: New taskmaster, next checkpoint (repost due to technical difficulties)

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 02:03:50PM +1300, LakMeer Kravid wrote:
> Greetings BPFK Commissioners! I have been introduced to the bpfk-announce list.
>
> If you have not yet heard, I have been appointed as taskmaster. I
> shall be collecting weekly votes on the bpfk checkpoints, which will
> happen on saturdays (GMT). If anyone wants to stall the vote in order
> to discuss any checkpoint further, they are welcome to, the weekly
> deadlines are just to help keep thing rolling over.

Welcome! Your assistance is much appreciated. We very much need someone to boss us around. :-)

> This week I'm changing the current checkpoint to CAI, and putting
> Irrealis on hold. It's already Friday here, so the vote call for this
> checkpoint will be next Saturday, 4 Oct GMT.

Just a quick rundown on the terminology:

- A section is the smallest unit of BPFK work, done by a shepherd
- A checkpoint is a collection of sections, which are deemed to belong together because of interconnectedness. A checkpoint is completed (approved) when all of its sections are approved.

As I understand it, you want Ted to start working on Intensifiers right away. Is this correct?

--
Arnt Richard Johansen                                http://arj.nvg.org/
Q: How many Prolog programmers does it take to replace a light bulb?