Mathematical terminology (was Re: [lojban] tautologies)

--- In jboske@y..., "Jorge Llambias" <jjllambias@h...> wrote:

> I thought that the value that a function takes is the one that it
> spits. The sine function takes values in the -1 to +1 range.
> Is that wrong?
>
> mu'o mi'e xorxes

Although the sine function takes _on_ values in the range -1 to +1 as
results (spits members of terfancu), it takes values in the entire
real line as arguments (takes members of selfancu).

It never ceases to amaze me that I have learned as much of this stuff
as I have.