Re: [jboske] Quantifiers, Existential Import, and all that stuff

In a message dated 3/5/2002 1:54:52 PM Central Standard Time, edward@webforhumans.com writes:

Certainly we can use "not all" in a purely
fictional context, such as "Not all Klingons are bad," without
suggesting that Klingons exist outside of ST. (ST is *not* a possible
world, but I'm not ready to tackle those problems yet.)

Nice! So the "all" being denied there must have existential import.   A nice ordinary language example.
ST is a logically possible world, though scarcely possible in an kind of possibility much short of that.