[jbovlaste] Re: "jargon" field added.

On 9/28/07, Arnt Richard Johansen <arj@nvg.org> wrote:

> Are you saying that "noljedai" could conceivably have a different meaning when being used in your RPG campaign from when it is used elsewhere? If so, this is a break with unambiguousness (which is an express design criterion of Lojban), and should not be endorsed by an official LLG project.
>
> Or are you saying that most of the words that are coined for the project are likely to be of poor quality, and should hence be avoided? If so, I think a more appropriate solution is downvoting, or a checkbox in the definition editing page which says "do not vote after adding".

This was similar to my original idea. I told him that he should have a
"jargon" boolean field that would simply disallow votes.

I think he's saying that the words are only useful to a very, very
small segment of the lojban population, and shouldn't be included in
any print dictionary.

--
Theodore Reed (treed/bancus)
www.surreality.us