Re: reading comprehension

On Friday 14 October 2011 17:40:45 Jorge Llambías wrote:
> I would use "ze'a" where you use "ca'o", because "ze'a" is what
> indicates the length of an interval where something takes place,
> whereas "ca'o" indicates progressive aspect.

I think "ze'u lo dunra masti" would be better - but a bear might disagree.
What does "ca'o lo dunra masti" mean?

> These seem like good questions for an advanced level, alhough I can't
> find the answer to the first one within the text without using some
> knowledge that is not strictly language related. Maybe I missed it but
> I see no mention of reptiles. I think all the answers in a reading
> comprehension test should be obtainable from understanding just the
> presented text. It is meant to be a language, not a biology test.

Sounds good. I could stick a "respa" in there, or omit the question. The part
about not sticking the tongue out I found on Wikipedia; the text just says
that they don't have tongues like mammals.

Some more corrections: "lo djacu cu glamau", and answer e to the second
question should have "fi" in it.

What's a good text for elementary reading comprehension?

Pierre
--
Jews use a lunisolar calendar; Muslims use a solely lunar calendar.