Re: What goes on the first test?

On Sunday 15 July 2012 11:42:13 Ali Sajid Imami wrote:
> Clarifying the Regular Language Ability test vs. Standardized Language
> Proficiency test: I take the normal class tests for English as the former,
> while a test like IELTS or TOEFL is the latter.

I don't know these tests (I've heard of the TOEFL, but haven't taken it).
Could you describe the difference?

> I see your scales, but how would you be integrating them into a testing
> system?

When generating a test for a certain level, the ratings of a question on the
various scales are averaged to give an overall rating, and questions that
fall in the range appropriate for the level are selected.

Pierre
--
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do
.ibabo damba do .ibabo do jinga