Re: What goes on the first test?

On Sunday 15 July 2012 03:31:29 banseljaj wrote:
> Well, here raises the question that what sort of test is it? If it is a
> regular language ability test, then we can do this.
> However if this is a standardized language proficiency test, then we need
> to be careful.

Could you explain the difference?

> Since I believe in the latter, I propose the following.
>
> The Test has 4 Proficiency Levels.
> Level 1:
>
>    - The person knows the basic structure of a lojban utterance.
>    - Understands what is meant by bridi, selbri, brivla, tanru.
>    - Is able to make simple tanru.
>    - Knows the basic pro-sumti: mi, do.
>    - Knows basic and group articles: lo, loi, le, ei, la.
>    - Understands the place structure and tagging.
>    - Understands implicit and explicit {zo'e}.
>    - Can count up to ten.
>
> Level 2:
>
>    - The person understands simple abstractions.
>    - The person understands SE.
>    - The person can use COI and UI.
>    - Understands Scalar Negation.
>    - Can elide terminators.
>    - and can use {noi} and {poi}
>
> I still need to come up with Levels 3 and 4, but I am not that proficient
> to remember the more advanced topics. This is pretty consistent with what
> wave lessons have.

Here are the scales I came up with last year:

lujvo scale:
0. Does not require knowledge of lujvo.
1. Requires recognizing a word as a valid lujvo.
2. Requires decomposing a lujvo into its components or recognizing that two
forms of a lujvo are the same word.
3. Requires knowing the meaning of a defined lujvo.

fu'ivla type scale:
0. Does not require knowledge of fu'ivla.
1. Requires knowledge of type-1 fu'ivla.
2. Requires knowledge of type-2 fu'ivla.
3. Requires knowledge of type-3 fu'ivla.
4. Requires knowledge of type-4 fu'ivla.

fu'ivla scale:
0. Does not require knowledge of fu'ivla.
1. Requires recognizing a valid fu'ivla. (Ignore types 1 and 2; recognizing a
valid type-2 is considered recognizing a cmevla.)
2. Requires figuring out the meaning of a fu'ivla from context.
3. Requires knowing the meaning of a defined fu'ivla.

cmene scale:
0. Does not require knowledge of cmene.
1. Requires recognizing a valid cmevla. (A selbri preceded by "la" doesn't
count here; it's a grammatical construct.)
2. Requires figuring out the meaning of a cmene from context.
3. Requires knowing the meaning of a defined cmene.

The other scales, which haven't been defined yet, are for gismu, cmavo, and
grammar. I haven't been following the wave lessons, but it looks reasonable
to use them to define scales for cmavo and grammar. Can you write the scales
for cmavo and grammar? The one for cmavo will be long, as every cmavo or its
selma'o has to be in some level.

Pierre

--
loi mintu se ckaji danlu cu jmaji