[lojban-beginners] Re: (no subject)

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:13:28 +0300
"selxar" <opifex@mail.ru> wrote:

> coi rodo
>
> .i dei selcfika nalpavysmuni
> .i dei selcfi ka nalpavysmuni
>
> Looking at some gismu I found out that they seem to be composed of two
> parts - a cmavo and a rafsi of another gismu. Could this lead to
> ambiguity if they are run together in a string?

Nope. There are stress rules for that. Let me demonstrate:

.i dei selCFIka nalpavySMUni
.i dei SELcfi ka nalpavySMUni

Stress for brivla is always on the penultimate syllable, thus (with the
other rules) keeping gismu (and other brivla) from falling apart into
cmavo.

--
Theodore Reed (rizen/bancus)   -==-   http://surreality.us:8080/~rizen/
~GPG/PGP Signed/Encrypted Mail Preferred; Finger me for my public key!~

"We have committed a greater crime, and for this crime there is no name.
What punishment awaits us if it be discovered we know not, for no such
crime has come in the memory of men and there are no laws to provide for
it." -- Equality 7-2521, Ayn Rand's Anthem