[lojban-beginners] Re: Loglan

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:49:40 -0800
Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 11:51:14PM -0300, Jo?o Ricardo Oliveira wrote:
> > Hi! I'm all new to Lojban. I would like to know more about Loglan
> > and how it relates to Lojban. I understand they're somewhat like
> > Esperanto and Ido. Is that so?
>
> Not really.  Esperanto and Ido are mushings of European languages.
> lojban and Loglan were designed from scratch to meet specific
> scientific and linguistic purposes.

I think he was asking if the relationship between Eo and Ido was like
the relationship between Loglan and Lojban.

In a way, it is. The big difference lies in that Esperanto is more
successful than Ido. I think Lojban is doing much better than Loglan.

--
Theodore Reed (rizen/bancus)       -==-       http://www.surreality.us/
~OpenPGP Signed/Encrypted Mail Preferred; Finger me for my public key!~

"Neither individuals nor corporations have any right to come into court
and ask that the clock of history be stopped, or turned back, for their
private benefit." -- Robert A. Heinlein