[lojban] Help parsing Lojban from Python? (Hey, Riley! :)

In service to making certain parts of the lojban.org infra a bit
more resilient, I'm updating some stuff that uses
https://github.com/lojban/python-camxes .  This relies on java and
the camxes jar, which, whatever, but it's also built on LEPL, which
no longer works (see for example
https://github.com/modoboa/modoboa/issues/1780 ).

https://github.com/teleological/camxes-py is a pure Python
replacement, but is a CLI program rather than a library; it's really
not designed to be used as a library.  I'd love it if someone
updated and fixed that.

Unless there's another option?  What's the state of the art in this
space?