[lojban-beginners] Re: Robin's Tagline

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:56:05PM +0100, Jan Pilgenroeder wrote:
> You are right about that. That did not answer my question though.
> "mu'o" seems to imply that the participants don't part, but that the
> discussion is continuing -- even though the pauses between the
> utterances are not a few seconds but may be a couple of hours or even
> days. I actually like that concept :-) But this also implies that
> beginning another utterance with "coi" seems out of place. This is
> quite different from usual etiquette. Therefore I was just wondering
> if leaving out the "coi" this would be considered mildly rude by most
> lojbanists.

mu'o, IMO, should be used only when you're done talking and are ready
for an immediate response, where 'immediate' is medium-dependant, of
course.

And you can say coi whenever you like as far as I'm concerned.  8)

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/    ***    I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu