[lojban-beginners] Re: Gismu creation

coi .iens. du cusku di'e
> Does anybody know where you can find a complete list of gimus
> together (!) with the source words from Chinese, English, ...
> and their scorings?

Have a look at http://www.lojban.org/publications/etymology.html .
Specifically, http://www.lojban.org/files/etymology/finprims is the base
data file, apparently.

This gives the source words (in mangled form and in Lojban spelling) as well
as their scores.

> By the way why are words like {pa}, {nu}, {se} listed as gismu? I
> thought a gismu has always the form CVCCV or CCVCV.

They're on the gi'uste because they have rafsi. (You'll see, for example,
that {da} is on there but not {de} or {di}, even though they are closely
related -- because only {da} has a rafsi.)

As I understand it, this was done mostly for the benefit of LogFlash, the
flashcard Lojban learning program, so that the same file could be used to
train gismu<->English and "gismu"<->rafsi.

Only those of form CVCCV or CCVCV are gismu; the rest of the items in the
gi'uste are cmavo which have rafsi assigned to them.

mu'omi'e filip.
--
filip.niutyn. <Philip.Newton@datenrevision.de>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.