[lojban-beginners] Re: terkunra

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:30:34AM +0100, Newton, Philip wrote:
> Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:06:03AM +0100, Newton, Philip wrote:
> > > Can {terkunra} be used for locations producing things other
> > > than metal ore?
> >
> > Seems that way.
> [snip]
> > > Is an oil well a {ctile terkunra} as well as a {selctile}?
> > >
> > > Are diamonds (jarjme? rairjarjme?) found in {terkunra} or only in
> > > {terjemna}?
> >
> > Same questions; yes.
> [snip]
> > > What are the restrictions on the {kunra} ("mineral/ore of type/metal
> > > x2") that come from a {terkunra}?
> >
> > You've just listed them.  8)
>
> .uanai
>
> By "them" (the restrictions that I supposedly listed) do you mean the
> bit about "mineral/ore"? Because diamonds (AFAIK) aren't minerals,

How not, exactly?

http://webmineral.com/data/Diamond.shtml
http://mineral.galleries.com/minerals/elements/diamond/diamond.htm

> nor are they ore, yet you said they could legitimately come from a
> {terkunra}. And I'm not sure what all qualifies as minerals -- I
> suppose oil would, but what are the limits?

I suppose you have to ask a geologist, but as I understand it, pretty
much everything that's natural found in the ground and is hard.  8)

> (The reason I asked, as you might have found out by now, was that I
> wanted to talk about a {cirla terkunra} and wasn't sure whether that
> was an appropriate word to use.)

Heh.  I haven't read it yet, but it's in my inbox to be read.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/    ***    I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu