[jbovlaste] Re: jbovlaste erroneously states original creator as the person who edited a definition

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 02:14:21PM +0200, Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:
> My suggestion is to use a revision controll system and a plain
> text storage for the text, so we wouldn't need the web interface
> (which is a bit buggy and has a slow insertion procedure). I vote
> for git, mercurial or darcs.

1.  That's a really bad idea: plain text doesn't enforce formats
well, and people *will* screw the format up, and then someone has to
go and correct all the screwups.  Are you volunteering?

2.  I'm certainly not writing the code for it.  Again, are you
volunteering?

3.  If you see a bug, the solution is to bring it to someone's
attention, via this list or via rt-jvs@lojban.org.  Then, if I have
time, I'll work on it.  It would sure be nice to have someone else
to help on jbovlaste coding, but it's just me.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/